Be careful of what you plan for.
With the internet shockwaves just fading after my last plan was published we had some very good news on Thursday night.
We have got our next job. There are quite a few good things about this job. Let me list them in bullet points.
- We will be working together.
- The Boat is made in the Netherlands. The Dutch make fantastic Trance DJ’s, orange clothing and Motor Yachts.
- The Yacht is not for sale, a first for me.
- We will not have a management company, everyone knows if employees are doing their jobs correctly you do not need management.
- We have an awesome itinerary, not only will we get to the Caribbean, there are plans to discover South America and be in New York for spring.
By all accounts the owner likes to look after his crew, this is a good incentive to stay put. It will be nice to have some stability.
This is all really positive and we are both very excited and feel very lucky. To be honest, I have been putting on a brave face over the last couple of weeks as our futures have been a bit uncertain.
Where to from here?
Well we are driving from Antibes to Florence tomorrow. We will be applying for American Visas in the American consulate on Monday . If Uncle Sam is reading. I love your country and look forward to discovering your many wonderful inventions and sharing them with the world.
From there we will catch a train to Milano and soak up Italian minimalism. I also want some new sun glasses.
We will then fly to Barcelona and join our new home.
I am really looking forward to unpacking all of my stuff and putting down my anchors.
In closing I was playing on my phone before and was quite stoked when I saw this map of places where I have taken photos since June.