This one goes out to all of the trainspotters, it is time to waffle out some statistics.
We have been on the road for a total of 24 days
- 11846.45 kilometers traveled
- 1 Flight
- 3 Over night train trips.
- 1 Day train ride
- 4 Ferry rides
- 3 Tuk Tuk jaunts
- 1 traditional taxi (hot pink)
- 4 Less than traditional taxi rides(Ute with cover)
- 4 VIP van trips(air conditioned vans)
- 3 Scooter hires total of 5 days
- 1 Quad bike hire(wish I had never had)
- 6 Open water dives
- 3 Cities
- 3 Islands
- 9 Books read.
- 15 movies, tv episodes and documentaries watched (thanks Richard)
- 1 New Zealander met. Kiwis really are shy!
We are consuming about 2.5 litres of water a day. I have beer a lot of drunk. I had decided to stop drinking the large bottles before we came up north and then found out that you can buy a large beer here for the price of a small one on the islands. To run salt in my numerous wounds. A bar here has all you can drink Heineken for about $4 on Saturday nights.
I can say hello and thank you in Thai with some authority. I think this is all you need as long as you remember to smile, bow and have a co-pilot to barter.
Today we are off to sit by a lake and celebrate our Kiwi friends birthday. This evening I will resist the Heineken bars impressive tractor beam. If it sucks me in I will let it in the name of science and Philip Bendall who has remonstrated me on the merits of more being always better.