- I miss walking off my gangway and being somewhere hospitable
- I miss grass and trees
- I miss seeing skin
- I miss seeing faces for that matter
- I miss people obeying traffic laws
- I miss sub 30 degree temperatures
- I miss meeting other crews from boats
- I miss hearing languages that I sort of understand
- I miss freedom, you don’t realise what you have until it is taken away
On a slightly more positive note we should be leaving here at the end of September. I am booked in for a course in November in England and will be trying my best to schedule a few days in London to see a few people.
I have also requested a months holiday at Christmas and I will drown and douse myself in all those things I miss.